Thursday, October 11, 2012

Doilies in the Dark

So I'm slowly learning that having a baby means that projects that I would have rocked through before I got pregnant take a little more time now...or needs to be fit into some other open place in my schedule...umm yeah.  This stay at home mom thing doesn't mean I get to sit around and eat bon bons.  Not that I ever thought that about stay at home moms, but I did think that infants were easier than say toddlers.  WRONG!

Just because the newborn doesn't move around as much doesn't mean that he/she doesn't need constant supervision. Not to mention the fact that they eat every 2-3 hours!!!  So yeah it's MAJORLY cut into my project time.

Like the doilies...Beautiful doilies that I"m making for my firends weddings.  The only time I can work on them it seems is after teh 2:30 feeding.  Which isn't a huge deal, infact I now know that I can crochet in the dark, and accurately at that.  I - so far (knock on wood) have been able to find every stitch, and read the instructions purely from the light of the TV.

What I've taken this to mean is that when my sight goes (and it will, EVERYONE in my family has glasses...and varying degrees of blindness above and beyond the glasses they wear), is that I'll still be able to crochet/knit because I can feel where all the stitches are and so long as I have the ability to count (and eventually read brail) I'll be golden.

*fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment