Sunday, November 25, 2012

Craft Fair, Thanksgiving, and Wounded Warriors Benefit OH MY!

In an attempt to get back to making my crocheting business a success I decided to do a craft fair this year.  I participated in the Otis Library (in Norwich) Holiday Craft Fair.  I did this craft year last year as well and it was my favorite.  The vendors are all super nice and the woman who runs the fair is great too!  She makes sure to stop by all the tables and she knows all the returning vendors by name and on sight.  This year my main push were these totally fun wagon wheel slouchy berets and matching chain scarves.  I had them in several colors and they were sold as a set.  Above and beyond that I had other styles of scarves and hats and one super thick, giant afghan.  
Unfortunately the craft fair didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but I had fun talking to people, handing out my card and seeing the other vendors, so I guess in retrospect in turned out as well as I had hoped.  Below are some pictures of my table.





This year was also my son's 1st Thanksgiving, and in an attempt to make sure he is always embaressed by me as a teenager I Mrs. Weasley-ed it up and knit this totally adorable turkey hat.  He loved it that day, but I can already see the future when his girlfriends see this picture and the others with things I have made him. 


Every year my friend hosts a benefit where the proceeds go toward a charity that supports Veterans and their families.  This year she worked with the Wounded Warrior Project and the turn out was AMAZING!  Vendors donated gift certificates, baskets  and bottles of wine.  The Grand Prize was a two night stay at the Waters Edge (a time share place that - in looking at the brochure - was GORGEOUS!!!!).  We had so much fun and I brought out my little Marine for the party.

All the different gift certificates

Table of donated baskets!

My donation

More baskets!

Me and the AMAZING Gretchen!


My Little Marine...too pooped to party any longer...

Now with November coming to a close I sit here in my living room and look down and see all the projects I have planned for Christmas and of course Christmatine (a holiday that will be discussed in the coming months) and mostly I'm really excited but part of me cringes at the thought of all the projects I've taken on.

I hope you all had a safe and great Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment